- Choosing awesome bright colors for the Spring season (think turquoise, orange, and yellow).
- Successfully pulling off a ten-hour day (walking for 90% of it). We have our trainer at Earth Fit to thank for that!
- Finding some awesome new products for the not-so-secret garden (we officially have a working door to the courtyard).
- Getting our picture taken with Emilie Sloan founder and designer, Lisa Murphy, so she could feature us on her blog (we're not on there yet, but believe me, we'll let you know when we are)!!
- Buying from 16 new vendors and 16 tried-and-true favorites.
- Purchasing items for our soon-to-be-revealed new category (it's gonna be awesome, ladies).
- Finding -- and ordering from -- that great gourmet vendor Jane Werner told us about (we got to meet the owners, who are from Savannah, and hear their charming back story).
- Hearing from several of our vendors that this was their best show ever, and that retailers were at Market and buying. Could it be that the economy is on its way to an upswing (let's hope)?
- Watching Mom try on a "designer" showercap. I took a picture, but she threatened to write me out of her will if I posted it, and I'm holding out for her jewelry. Sorry guys.
- Successfully navigating the three enormous (seriously gigantic, ya'll) buildings, even though Mom was constantly disoriented (if I wasn't with her, I swear she'd still be wandering around aimlessly).
- Eating at McCormick & Schmick's and having the best steak ever. We enjoyed the meal so much, we went back the next night (we ate something different), and the staff greeted us like we were old friends.
- Making really awesome jewelry at Art by Amy just for ya'll!
- Getting to do something for 4 1/2 days that let us keep our fabulous customers and friends on our minds the whole time!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Home again home again ...
jiggity jig. Or something like that. Anyway, the shopgirls are home from market, after a jam-packed 4 1/2 days! On our way home, we discussed the highlights from Market this time around (aside from the ones we already posted about), and we thought we'd share. So here's a list (in no particular order) of our faves: